Good morning Americanoizers! Today we decided to ask some questions for our Friday Interview With to Nima Benati. She is a very young photographer and her pictures are a mesmerizing journey infused with colour: thanks to her camera, Nima’s able to give life to her own perfect world. She’s already shot promotional campaigns for renown brands, such as Patrizia Pepe, Pin Up Star, Cruciani, Bikini Lovers, Lelly Kelly Teen and her pictures have landed on cover stories for many leading publications in the field. Apart from being an “assault photographer”, she’s very good at instagramming, telling her stories from a unique point of view. Are you ready to know her more?
1. Light or shadow?
2. If you were an image, which one would you be?
Amore e Psiche by Canova
3. What is the most favorite thing about yourself?
The way I love
4. Who do you miss the most?
5. What are you listening to right now?
Across the universe — the Beatles
6. Favorite smell?
7. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
8. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
Copy and paste: still my boyfriend. Got you bored yet?
9. A sport you wish you could play?
10. Hair color?
Mine or my fav? I am Brunette but I love blonde
11. Eye color?
Brown but I wish blue ;)
12. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings, always
13. Favorite season?
14. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
Cleopatra, Gui Bourdin, Dali
15. Hugs or kisses?
Both, on repeat
16. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
Copy and paste: both, on repeat.
17. Where were you born?
18. Favorite bedtime story?
Goldilocks and the three bears
19. What would be the title of your autobiography?
I seriously doubt I would ever write one
20. Favorite sound?
Rain on the window early in the morning, knowing I don’t have to go anywhere
21. Favorite animal?
22. Last photograph you took?
Magdalena Frackowiak in a church in Santorini
23. Can you tell me some misconceptions (your country) has about America?
All the food is considered either garbage or fried fast food: I actually think it’s way easier to eat healthy in USA, the grocery stores are unbelievably full of healthy and tasty options, nonetheless this comes at a very high price.
24. What’ s your preferred Tv series?
25. What’s the coolest thing you have never done?
Swimming with sharks
26. What’s the scariest thing you have ever done?
Shooting Gigi Hadid for Maybelline New York in about 6 minutes
27. Who is the living woman you admire the most?
My mom (and my dad, and his loyal deep love for her)
28. Who is the living woman you detest most?
That I cannot say if I still want to have a job
29. What do you like on your pizza?
Simple and infallible Margherita