Perhaps 2003 was an alternate universe, or possibly we have been simply too into debating Seth vs. Ryan to understand half of the loopy sh*t that occurred all through the 4-season series. Both way, this August marked 14 years since The O.C. first premiered, and we’re fairly nostalgic. From Mischa Barton’s enormous spoiler to how the cast actually felt concerning the series.
1. Peter Gallagher was the first individual they cast.
Creator Josh Schwartz “wanted to make it very clear that the adults were going to be just as important in this world as the kids,” in response to The Daily Beast
2. Summer was solely presupposed to be a guest star…
…however then she grew to become a series regular by the seventh episode.
3. Adam Broady wasn’t even on the first poster they premiered…
…as a result of people assuming he wasn’t a main character.
4. It wasn’t till 5 episodes in they knew it was a success.
There have been screaming fans wanting for photos and autographs once they arrived at a viewing party in Manhattan Beach.
5. There’s still not a definitive reply why Marissa was killed off the show.
Schwartz says it was “a hundred percent a creative decision” and never on account of Barton wanting to depart the show.
6. Arcade Fire refused to appear on the show.
As a result of they did not want to license any music. They did get Death Cab for Cutie, The Killers, and Coldplay, though.
7. In actuality Brody does not really miss ‘The O.C’
In 2014 he revealed, “It gets boring, that’s all. The only way it bothers me- it’s not that I’m not proud of it- it’s that I’ve exhausted the conversation about it in my mind.”